Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Gifts - Ah Yes !!

Just a quick note ... more gifts that came to my mind while I was driving back home from work (and its a long drive) on the roads of Sydney. A road rage had just happened right in front of me and I thought, here are some gifts that we can share .. Gift of Compassion, Gift of Forgiveness, Gift of Humility, Gift of Patience, Gift of Self Esteem, Gift of Contentment, Gift of Truth.

Gift of Compassion Compassion is an understanding of my emotional state or of another person. Not to be confused with empathy, compassion is often combined with a desire to alleviate or reduce the suffering of another or to show special kindness to those who suffer. Compassion differs from other forms of helpful or humane behaviour in that its focus is primarily on the alleviation of pain and suffering.

Gift of Forgiveness Forgiveness is my mental, and/or spiritual process of ceasing to feel resentment, indignation or anger against another person for a perceived offense, difference or mistake, or my ceasing to demand punishment. In some contexts, I have granted it without any expectation of compensation, and without any response on the part of the offender.

I'll elaborate on the others later but in the mean time I would like to invite each and all to describe one time, one moment, one person when they gave or received any of the Gifts that I have mentioned today and last week and how they felt at the time. Story telling is a great art and a bonding glue among individuals.

Till next blog. Signing out ... Tejinder.